Have you ever met an introvert? Don’t you think understanding introverts is a task in itself? When someone chooses to lock their feelings, how do you find the key to what they think about the institution of love and relationships?
It takes time for an introverted girl or an introverted guy to let someone share their cozy, comfortable, and peaceful space!
Read on to unveil a little portion of an introvert life, especially love life!
Avani is Truly Madly #DateDoctor and founder of LoveDoctor.in where she and other professional counselors connect to answer questions about relationships, introvert love, and sexual health.
Even introverts have friends. I talk to many introverts about making connections, as you seem to think that it’s harder for you to find love! Let me tell you, that is not the case.
Introverts can follow our steps below to find romantic love.
For an introvert, the way to approach making a girlfriend/boyfriend or even friends is the same:
- You don’t have to change your conduct or hobbies to find love. If you think so, you are entirely mistaken. Do the things you love and find others that love to do those things! Your hobbies are one of the best ways you can find someone like-minded. Take a minute to list all the things you enjoy (maybe sports, reading, poetry, watching movies) and look for activity clubs, meetups, and events where you can do those things with a small group of people week after week.
- Keep showing up to those things introverts love and get to know the people around, and the people you ‘like’ too – remember they are people just like you.
Get out of your head and don’t put the people you are attracted to on a pedestal. Remember, they are human and sometimes feel shy too! If you keep showing up, you give people a chance to really get to know you.
- Instead of approaching strangers, try to talk to friends of friends or people in those hobby groups or clubs. I know I say this all the time as the #DateDoctor, but you getting to know someone by randomly pinging strangers on the internet may feel safe to you, but the other person may or may not be comfortable with it. Keep your options open. Look to meet people in real life so they can get to know the real you – there’s less of a chance of someone wanting to connect if they can’t see you and feel your energy. This is mostly the case with introverted women.
- You can do some form of this online – joining groups online and such – and posting in them and starting conversations on threads, but do make sure to meet them in person. If you shy away from gatherings, or you don’t like them, to be precise, introvert online dating is your ultimate rescue. Please get to know the other person better before meeting them in person to cut your anxiety.
- How can introverts find love? The procedure is slow friends for sure! Start slow. Say hi and leave it at that – you don’t have to propose on day 1. There is no rush, especially if you are a part of a group that meets frequently. Let the connection unfold naturally. A warm “hi” goes a long way in someone beginning to trust you.
- See if they respond to the hi or start to talk, if not, you can be a bit bolder and just ask a question about what you are doing. Keep the conversation light and context-based. If you are part of a book club ask about the current book you are reading. Slowly you can extend the conversation to personal topics once you feel comfortable. Unlike regular dating, introvert dating can take some time, so keep patience.
Overall remember you don’t need to be an extrovert to love someone or make a connection – but you do have to get out of your comfort zone a little and take a chance on a “hi.” I would not say only love, introvert friendship also requires effort. You’d know if you have one!
One thing we tell people on our service is ‘you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take’ – so why not at least try.
Filling your life with the things you love, can make you a more interesting person and help you meet new friends and make love connections. Good luck if you are now completely ready to roll on the hay of introverts and kissing relationships!
Introverts, let us know how these tips worked for you to find love! Happy Dating and hope these help you #Unsingle!