Unfortunately, 2019 and the years following have been a wild ride for the entire world. Restricted with strict guidelines, rules, and curfews, many are complaining about how hard it’s to live without parties and fun with friends; some hearts are crying secretly in the corner because all their wedding plans came crashing down because of strict covid marriage guidelines. The world is on a bumpy ride right now!
Covid marriage rules 2022 are putting a full stop to the marriage gala times. Marriage invitations substituted with covid marriage pass! Venues substituted with Zoom meeting links! Masks and sanitizers added to the bridal makeover!
The Government and not Pandits now decide Shubh muhurat! This once-in-a-lifetime event for brides and grooms where more than 500 people used to gather and bless the couple has now become an intimate wedding affair with covid marriage rules, the new covid fufaji sulking in the corner and ruining it all.
With hopes in our hearts, life must go on! People are trying to be familiar with the current situation and proceeding with the wedding plans.
We are here to assist you in your Covid Marriage to the best of our capabilities.
Read This: How to Convince Parents for Love Marriage
Covid Marriage Rules 2022 From Reliable Sources!
Kundali checked? Check guidelines too!
Read on for some quick guides and tips on Covid Marriage if you are planning to tie the knot with your partner anytime soon. The rules and guidelines differ from state to state. Here’s a thorough list for you!
Covid Marriage Guidelines in Delhi
- Delhi is under a complete lockdown, with only essential services available for the public.
- Wedding ceremonies are allowed either at home or court with only 20 people with separate covid marriage pass. For wedding guests pass information, Read here: https://dmsouth.delhi.gov.in/notice/for-issue-of-e-passes-for-guests-invited-for-marriage-related-functions/
- Dj, music, catering, etc., not allowed
- Full details here: https://english.jagran.com/india/delhi-lockdown-complete-ban-imposed-on-marriages-at-public-places-amid-covid-uptick-details-here-10026517
Covid Marriage Guidelines in Mumbai & Maharashtra
- Complete lockdown till 1 June.
- 25 people are allowed to attend the wedding.
- The family must wrap up the rituals and everything in two hours.
- Not following the rules and guidelines would mean a fine of Rs 50,000 for the family.
- For more, read here: https://www.indiatvnews.com/news/india/maharashtra-lockdown-guidelines-travel-wedding-restrictions-covid-pandemic-latest-news-699418
Covid Marriage Guidelines in Bangalore
- Complete lockdown
- Not more than 40 people can attend a wedding, and individual guest passes are mandatory.
- Weddings cannot be organized in AC halls.
- For more, read here: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bengaluru/karnataka-government-permission-a-must-for-booking-marriage-halls-village-fairs-banned/articleshow/82125245.cms
Covid Marriage Guidelines in Gujarat
- Gujarat is under a night curfew (8 PM to 6 AM) extended to 20 cities.
- Only 50 guests are allowed to gather at the venue with compulsory registration.
- For more, read here: Gujarat: Only 50 people at weddings from April 14
Covid Marriage Guidelines in Rajasthan
- Under strict lockdown till 17 May, only 31 guests are allowed in the wedding venue.
- Breaching rules and guidelines will be followed by a penalty of Rs 1 lakh.
- All the marriage details must be submitted at Covidinfo.rajasthan.gov.in. by the family organizing the event.
- For more, read here: https://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-rajasthan-imposes-new-stricter-marriage-guidelines-follow-them-or-pay-hefty-fine-2888795
Covid Marriage Guidelines in Haryana
- Complete lockdown till 17 May.
- Wedding ceremonies can only take place at home or court, and the guests’ list is capped at 11.
- For more read here: https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/haryana-govt-extends-coronavirus-lockdown-by-a-week-till-may-17-121051000021_1.html
Covid Marriage Guidelines in UP
- The wedding guests list is capped at 50 and 100.
- 50 guests are allowed when the ceremony is arranged inside closed spaces, and the guest list can be extended to 100 if the ceremony is taking place in an open space. Masks, sanitizers, and distancing mandatory.
- For more read here: https://www.jagran.com/uttar-pradesh/lucknow-city-up-covid-lockdown-and-35-hours-curfew-guidelines-industries-will-be-run-24-hours-covid-protocol-should-be-followed-in-marriage-21566435.html
Covid Marriage Guidelines in Kolkata & West Bengal
- Only 50 people are allowed to gather at a wedding ceremony.
- Full details here: https://www.india.com/west-bengal/bengal-lockdown-news-2021-today-only-50-guests-at-weddings-more-restrictions-kolkata-west-bengal-lockdown-update-4630708/
Covid Marriage Guidelines in Chennai & Tamil Nadu
- A complete lockdown till 24 May.
- Only 50 guests are allowed to participate in a wedding ceremony.
- Full details here: https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/tamil-nadu-complete-lockdown-guidelines-rules-explained-coronavirus-7306706/
Covid Marriage Guidelines in Punjab
- Guests’ list in marriage is limited to 30 people.
- Mandatory FIR on the ones breaching the rules and guidelines.
- Full details here: https://www.nationalheraldindia.com/india/punjab-restricts-gathering-in-marriages-to-30-makes-fir-mandatory-against-those-violating-guidelines
Also Read: What’s the Best Age to Get Married
Light Up the Mood With Some Covid Marriage Quotes!
When, by default, every wedding’s theme is COVID these days, why not play around a little and make the event cherishable in its own way?
We have curated some covid marriage quotes for you to crush over your intimate marriage decor. Afterall, the guest list is capped, not the pictures.
You can also fit some in your covid marriage invitation!
- Distance is interim, but Love is Forever!
- We welcome you with masks. Welcome drinks can wait!
- Love is contagious, but so is the Virus. Please wear a mask!
- Before you bless the couple, please bless your hands with sanitizer!
- Found the one I can quarantine with for life!
- Sanitization counter! Let’s feed the Virus first.
Though there are many restrictions, it’s not very difficult to put all the stress aside and welcome happiness with open arms. Marriages in India are treated as a festival, but the time is different.
The need of the hour is good health and social distancing. So plan a safe and hygienic marriage, and follow covid marriage rules in India for a safer tomorrow.
We are all in this together!
Download the TrulyMadly Dating App for Android and iOS