Madhuri Banerjee is the bestselling author and her newly released Losing My Virginity and Other Stories is already climbing the charts! She is a world traveler, an avid reader, a coffee addict, an amateur photographer, an Instagram addict, a doting mother, and a philosopher at heart who loves to give her wacky, relatable advice on everything from speed dating and motherhood to travel and spirituality.
Who has the time to date anymore? First, you have to look for the right person; then you have to travel to a coffee shop or bar to meet the person and then spend money on the date you didn’t like. You might as well stay at home and watch Netflix!
That’s why Speed Dating helps.
But it’s all scary. What do you ask? What do you say? Here are seven questions that could get you into the groove:
- Tell Me About Yourself – When your date asks you that, keep it simple. Say your name, where you stay, whether you’re studying or working, if you live with your parents, siblings, have a pet and have a hobby! Ask them the same question back.
- Talk about the hobby – Hobbies could vary from reading and writing to adventure sports and travel to listening to music. If you’re on a quick dating spree, ask about that and share what you love. Never interrupt. Hear them out. If they talk too much without asking you back, you know the person is self-absorbed.
- Books or movies? – Follow this up by asking about favourite books or movies. What did you like most about it? If you know any interesting facts, gossip about the subject, share that so you can build on that, and you don’t need to go on to other questions!
- What do you do for fitness – What are his physical goals? If the man/woman is constantly working out, chances are they won’t be available to meet or have a conversation as often as you’d like on a speed dating meet. Or if they’re not into fitness, they might crash your diet regime. There needs to be a balance.
- How long ago were you in a relationship? – Exes keep popping up into people’s lives and rebound relationships could mean you’re going to be taken for a ride. If the person has been single for a while, it’s good to save their number. But if they’ve recently broken up, rest assured you’re going to be a crying shoulder! The depth of the relationship is directly proportional to the time spent in it and will take half that time to move on from it!
- Future plans – Do you plan to work? Where do you see yourself going in the company? Do you have a bad boss? How do you deal with pressure? What picture do you have on your screensaver? Fun questions about work would show if he’s a clown or a serious worker or has any ambition at all.
- Romance Is? – What would we do on our second date? A romantic date for you means? It’s important to talk about romance because most women will always want it. If the man is uninterested and practical, he should know if the woman is also a no-nonsense person. If she wants to go hiking and not talk on a date, he needs not bring flowers!
Ask. Understand. Reciprocate. Smile. Move on! Speed Dating is fun! If you are in Delhi and work for a start-up, it’s time for online speed dating! Sign up here.
Order Forbidden Desires online on Flipkart here.